Monday, August 3, 2009

Almost ready - Cheryl Witham

It feels in many ways that the trip to Kenya began months ago. God has already called and affirmed his calling in these days of preparation and provision. I am so grateful for the confirming support we have experienced as friends and family have offered their blessing and an commitments to pray for our time. It has been such fun to see Sammy and Mwende's enthusiasm for our going to the place they call home.
Thank you Derek W. for you timely words yesterday. "Go without expectations, but with great expectancy because we serve a great God." I thought was doing a pretty good job of managing my expectations, but needed your word of how to be - expectant!
I would ask those who are praying for us to ask God to remind us often to look up and out, into his face and the face of those around us - those on our team and well as those we will partner with in Kenya. Thanks for your presence and your prayers. Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, thanks for the lovely quotation from Derek W. It makes it teary. I think I'll borrow it! Blessings on you all as you travel!

    ReplyDelete